5 Things You Didn't Know About The Midi Maven
Hey guys! My name is Nana Yaa Ansah and I'm the creator of The Midi Maven. I got the name when a former friend of mine asked me "Why do you always wear these kinds of dresses?" and I responded "Because it looks good on me!" I mean why fix what's broken, right? Later on when I decided to create this blog, my BFF and I were brainstorming (I'm horrible at coming up with names) and I remembered this exact moment! It all just made sense!
The Midi Maven is inspired by my obsession or love for midi dresses. What's a MIDI dress? A midi anything is clothing that hits right at the knee and below (before your ankle.) So I would always shop online as ASOS.com and go straight for the Midi dress category and eventually it became a trend on campus.
Anyway here 5 funny things you didn't know about me:
1. I'm first-generation American. My family is from Ghana,West Africa. Yes I speak an African dialect. No, it does not consist of clicking noises nor have I ever seen lions.
2. My favorite color is Purple though I own NOTHING in this color. I love all shades of purple and also love Maroon/ Burgundy and Gold.
3. I'm a klutz. I once fell into a gutter during a family trip in Ghana and I've also walked into a glass door before..... that is all. Please don't repeat that to anyone. LOL
4. I'm allergic to bananas and pasta. I can't make this stuff up. There are all sorts of allergic reactions so no I don't break out in hives nor do I go into shock. I have a lot of food sensitivities / restrictions and I've been debating whether I should go vegan. I just need to prepare myself for this major lifestyle change.
5. I have a butt chin that you can barely see. It's more pronounced when I gain weight. I also have a birthmark on this particular part of my body you'll never see. Haha!
I want to know more about you guys! Leave your comments below and share some fun things about yourself.